I am creating my Goals this year along the lines of “My Quality of Life Scale,” which goes in this order:
- I need to set and maintain regular Exercise schedule – to improve focus and combat depression and lethargy.
- Schedule needed doctor/dentist checkups etc.
- Pay attention to nutrition and adequate sleep; listen to my body.
- Remember to connect with friends and acquaintances; make time for social activities.
- House – Make my environment meet my needs and desires – to promote productivity and creativity. I want this to be MY home and one of comfort and beauty.
- Work with sister to clear out mother’s things and excess “stuff” and continue to clear out and de-clutter every part of the house.
- Swap bedroom and office; make office functional and comfortable so that it is my favorite place to be; make it My SPACE.
- My system of order needs to be VISUAL; I need to see my “stuff” in order to be inspired and/or know what I need to do.
- Must set specific tasks and schedule.
- Find (temporary) roommate to rent master suite, thereby reducing my rent.
- Pay attention to staying current with billable work.
- Get help/support to try to sell creative products and develop more.
- Work with a schedule daily; one that suits my needs; balanced, flexible, to accommodate all facets of my life and goals.
- I need to schedule blocks of “quiet time” for reflection, reading, absorbing, writing; “feeding the well” – which leads to self-expression, creativity, inspiration.
- I need to use my time well; not waste time while still availing myself of needed “slow” time; need to FOCUS.
3. VOCATIONAL/CAREER GOALS
- Need Mentor/assistance/support; help to “make it happen” and manage the “details” of getting my work into the world and getting paid/published/sales.
- Finished projects:
- Cat Magnets
- Christmas cards (one more to do for set of 4.)
- Current works:
- “Treasure Box”
- New “dragon” story
- several other ideas/outlines
- “Bugwump” autobiography/fantasy project
- Blogging – where might this go? As writing practice/experience?
- Finished projects:
- Need to take things from start to finish and always be creating more. (Must have adequate space in which to work.)
- Find others/resources/groups – so I am not so alone and isolated in this.
4. HELP OTHERS – I have always wanted – once I have reached relative success in my own life – to be able to reach out and help others in whatever way I can, either by my example, my “gifts” or my direct contribution. This is the ultimate goal.
And an important quote that I found scribbled on my papers at this point:
“Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the entire stairway.”
(I probably got this from Molly – Thanks!)